Friday, September 4, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For!

In yesterdays post, I said I wished I would have visitors just drop by.
Only a few hours after I posted that, my dad called me. Now I know he doesn't read this blog so this is where it gets weird--
He wanted to know if he could come over during this upcoming long weekend and repair the door frame to my main front door (it has started to crack and possibly rot at the bottom). Fixing this problem was actually one of my goals to accomplish in the next three years. I just needed the money, for one thing, and the knowledge from a How-To book for another. Dad knows how to do these things, AND he has the wood, tools, and apparently the time to do this repair.
So... what did I say?
Of course he can come over and do the repairs...even though I am going to be up in the mountains cabin sitting.
Now, I don't know about you, but when a parent wants to come over you don't want your home in disarray!! I guess I am heading home, doing a "quick clean" of the visible areas before I head to the cabin....
So...here is proof! Wishes CAN come true. Unfortunately not in the way you expected them to!

Have a great Labor Day, everyone!

No comments: