Sunday, August 2, 2009

Maybe I should write more often!



Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.... I could give many excuses or reasons why I didn't post all week, but it reallly comes down to this: I Was Lazy.
BUT, I do have a ton of stuff to talk about. Don't worry! I'm not going to put it all in one post (mostly because it is 10:30pm on a Sunday night and I have to meet my new car-pool gal at 7am. More on that later.)

After my last posting full of writing about all the different bloggers I follow, I was honored with The Superior Scribbler Award from Jamie at The Variety Pages.
To accept this award I have to pass it on to five other bloggers who I feel are deserving of it, and who would be able to fulfill the requirements, too.


Arrgh! Only FIVE?!

Here are my five picks, in no particular order:

Jenna at Cold Antler Farm- OK, anyone who follows me knows I really like this girl!

Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom- because I wish she were my neighbor! Very down to earth as she chats about life on an American Air Force Base. Excellent recipies, awesome photos, and cute kids!

Genius Rock Chef's blog is one of my favorites. I have experienced every emotion while reading his writing. I usually laugh, as he has a truly off the wall sense of humor, but he does write about his life and there have been some very emotional posts, as well as one or two that stirred up some anger (most recently... neighborhood kids abusing animals).

Angela's blog- My Year Without Spending is like my conscience. No, Really! She has made the commitment to not purchase anything new (some exclusions like underthings) for an entire year. She is also trying to lessen her impact on the planet one baby step at a time. This blog is a constant reminder for me to be a little more eco-friendly.

Only Half Nuts is written by a woman who has a firm hold on reality and isn't afraid to "Tell it like it is". She vents her anger at her husband, only to temper it with her next post full of love for the man. Sometimes while being fustrated by the growing pains of her newly out of the nest sons she will ask for advice on some situations. She writes things as she sees them. She doesn't pull any punches. She is known to swear like a sailor. She is as Real as Real gets.

To play along:

1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.

3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.

4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh thank you so much, I truly appreciate you thinking of me :)

Hugs,
Sandra