Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Begining!


Running Eagle Falls, Glacier National Park


Montana is known as the Big Sky Country, the Treasure State, Land where the deer and the antelope play, and yes, we do have roaming buffalo, too! I have lived in Montana for most of my life and never plan to live anywhere else, if I can help it. I do love to travel, but Montana will always be home. I have lived all over the western half, in the towns of Bozeman, Helena, Great Falls, Kalispell, and even a brief jaunt in Butte. Each place has its own charm, unique people, and culture. My favorite towns were Bozeman and Kalispell, because they are the most scenic. As an amateur photographer, the nearby mountains, lakes, and waterfalls of both of these towns gave me inspiration. Kalispell is also very close to my favorite place in the entire state... Glacier National Park. The towering mountains capped with snow and clouds; the streams and rivers that thunder through the valleys in the spring becoming mere trickles or burbling brooks by September's end; the singing birds, feeding deer, or occasional bear that appear along Going To The Sun Highway; the miles and miles of trails that transport you to another reality.... all this and more are the reasons I love Glacier Park. Although many people believe Glacier is a summertime park, I have been inside its borders at least once during each of the 12 months. The same place you see in May looks different in September or December. The lakes change colors, different flowers bloom throughout the summer, and the snow brings an ethereal peace that I haven't found matched anywhere else. If I could live in or very near Glacier Park I would be a very happy and blessed soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you desribed the many things in your blog.
:)

Mike of Korea said...

Good stuff. Beautiful picture!