Monday, April 6, 2009

Ahhhh.... Kids! *sigh*...

I am in a bit of a quandary. I know there is a point in our lives as a parent when one has to just take a step back and let the consequences fall as they may. Unfortunately, if I do that, the law may decide to step in and make things nasty for Heather's little family.

"Whoa!" I hear you saying! "What nonsense are those kids up to now?!"

Well, I'd like to share, but all I know is based on unsubstantiated rumors and I don't want to add fuel to a non-existent fire.
I am going up north to Kalispell this weekend to try and get a clearer picture of what in the Hell is actually going on. It is, by the way, Grandbaby Lucas' second birthday, and Easter, so I am expected to visit. Little do "The Kids" know Harry (my ex-husband) and I are going to blindside them with an intervention of sorts.
I know there will be some harsh words, lots of tears, and heartbreak. We may leave town amid animosity, but like many family problems, these will heal over time. My biggest concern is for Lucas, and if the kids are doing what I hear they are, I may have to try and convince Heather to let him come stay with Grandma for a while. That won't go over very well, but from what I hear of what maybe going on, having Lucas with me will be much better than DFS stepping in.

Ok, just so you know, Lucas and Talia are OK. Nothing bad is being done to them. I am concerned about the choices of Heather and Mike. It is these choices that are impacting the lives of everyone around them, and therefore the well being of the children.

I just wish I didn't have nearly an entire week to stew over the events.

I hope this is a false alarm, that everything is right as rain up in Kalispell. Say a tiny little prayer for me. I can use any help on this that I can!

2 comments:

OHN said...

We do have to step back and let them make their own mistakes...BUT when it involves young children, all bets are off. Their needs/safety need to be put ahead of anything else.

Good luck. Sounds like Easter might kinda suck.

ZenPanda said...

I can relate. One thing you may want to think about if DFS does need to step in they prefer to call family first (grandparents are top of the list).
I have spoken with a couple family law attorneys who deal with cases like the one I have with my daughter.
I hope you case gets worked out.

*hugs*