Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm SO glad it is Friday!

This week, and last week also, seemed to just drag by. I'm thinking it is because I have been so sick and just being upright was a chore on many of those days. I am feeling much better, with the exception of an abnormal case of frequent heartburn. I NEVER get heartburn or indigestion!! My doc told me that the hard coughing I was experiencing taxed all my muscles, including all those one you never think about... the ones that keep the acid in the stomach where it belongs. Basically, he said I was "leaking" around the little flap... similar to a hiatial hernia. IF my condition doesn't get better in a week or two, then there is the possibility that the coughing actually damaged something. I hope not! All I can say is "Heartburn really sucks!" I have a new found respect for all the people out there who have to live with it day in and day out.
About the only thing I found I can eat without pain 15 minutes later is bananas and water. This sucks!!

Well, Anyway, today is FINALLY Friday! Joe and I are heading to Kalispell to see Heather,
Lucas, and the ex-husband. This should be "fun"... I'll clue you all in when I get back to a computer on Monday.
Lucas is turning two today, and we are having a birthday party tomorrow afternoon. I still haven't picked out his present, and will be heading out to Wally-World after dinner to browse the toy isle and see what loud, obnoxious toy Grandma Shell can give him! HAHAHA!! I will also be getting him some little kid books. All kids need to grow up around books. I still buy books for my kids if we happen to be in a shop together and they show an interest in one. My daughters were never real avid readers, but on occasion something would pique their interest (Harry Potter, Goosebumps, etc) and I would be one elated mommy!! Even music related magazines for Krystle... as long as she was sitting down for a while READING!

Well, it is time to turn off the lap top for the weekend.
Have a Great Easter Holiday to anyone who happens along. I will hopefully return with good news on the family front, and lots of pretty photos of springtime in Glacier Park.

1 comment:

Rock Chef said...

Hope you are feeling better!